Happy 40th Birthday!
PHYTO, the world's first botanical hair line is celebrating two major milestones this year: it is its 20th year in the Untied States and its 40th anniversary world-wide! The line was started in Paris by botany guru Patrick Ales, while creating concoctions of plant ingredients to treat hair. We wanted to aknowledge this brand because it is one of the more unique lines of hair care products that we carry. Phyto (actually pronounced "fee-toe") is Greek for "relating to or derived from plants or botany." Every single product from the haircare line is an exclusive formula, created with plant-derived ingredients, many of which are also used in homeopathy and herbal alternative medicines. In addition to being used in many prestigious salons world wide, including the famous Ted Gibson salon, in 2006, PHYTO opened its very own "PHYTO Universe" in New York City, a botanical spa oasis with an emphasis on healthy hair. Click here to get an online tour! Style.com calls the salon, "more of a hair spa than a hair salon."
There's a PHYTO for everyone
PHYTO products are each individually designed for very specific hair types, so there literally is a product (or products) fit for everyone! Discover the wonderous nature-inspired world of PHYTO.
If you are going to be in the sun
The new and improved formulas of Phytoplage sun products are infused with the latest botanical resources and are designed specifically with the summer in mind.
- Shampoo: Phytoplage Sun Shampoo
- Pre-sun prep: Phytoplage Protective Sun Veil. The spray, recommended by many celebrity hairstylists like Erin Anderson contains UV filer that protects hair from sun, wind, salt, and chlorine damage.
- After-sun nourishment: Phytoplage Protective Styling Gel
If you have... dry hair
- Shampoo: Phytojoba hydrating shampoo (it's what Lucky Magazine's beauty editor, Jean Godfrey June uses)
- Conditioner: Phytosesame hydrating conditioner
- Also try: Phyto 7 Intense Cream: Best selling daily leave-in hydrating cream, made with 7 plant extracts
If you have... really, really dry hair
- Shampoo: Phytonectar Ultra Nourishing Shampoo - contacts witch hazel, which effectively protects hair from extra-drying harm from UV rays
- Conditioner: Phytokarite Ultra Nourishing Conditioner with shea butter
- Also try: Phyto 9 Nourish Cream, another best selling daily cream formulated with 9 different plant extracts, including St. John's Wort, which helps protect hair from free radicals found in the air.
If you have... fine, life-less hair
- Shampoo: Phytovolume Volumizing Shampoo or Phytomousse Volumizing Shampoo
- Also try: Phytovolume Actif Max Volume Spray - this one's a favorite of actresses Liv Tyler and Uma Therman!
If you have... color-treated hair
- Shampoo: Phytologie Phytocitrus Shampoo - contains grapefruit extracts which helps to seal hair cuticles and eliminate product residue
- Conditioner: Phytomist Instant Hydrator
- Also try: Phytocitrus Mask
If you have... frizzy hair
- Shampoo: Phytobrush Smoothing Shampoo
- Also try: Phytodefrisant Hair Relaxing Balm (read how it works here)
If you have... gray/graying hair
- Shampoo: Phytodensium Anti-Aging Shampoo (Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog loves how it cleans without being harsh) or Phytotargent Grey & White Shampoo
- Conditioner: Phytodensium Anti-Aging Hair Mask