We recently discussed the controversy with parabens and their presence in makeup. DBC wants to officially introduce you to our new paraben-free makeup brand, Stript. Stript mineral makeup was founded in 2008 by Gina Austin, a makeup artist and brand manager with 15 years experience in the cosmetics industry. She wanted to provide her clients with an all natural makeup brand, free of parabens and other potentially toxic chemicals.
What's not to love about Stript?
- The makeup is literally "stripped" of parbens, artificial oils, dyes, and fragrances
- Stript replaces parabens with natural preservatives derived from honeysuckle and almond plants
- The line is 100% vegan (no animal products used), yet at the same time 100% natural (no synthetic materials)
A Celebrity Favorite
The makeup brand is currently being used on the hit show Bones, and is a favorite of celebrity Emily Dechanel. Her makeup artist, Suzy Diaz, shares some of her favorite products:
- Crushed mineral shadow in Jasmine - perfect color of eye shadow that can be applied both wet and dry for a variety of different purple/pink eye shades
- Lip crayons in Star and Sienna - Rich in moisture, these lip pencils are designed to line and fill in the lips with only one component.
- Mineral Foundation in Light Medium Warm - Stript foundations create a soft focus optical effect and contains vitamins A,B,C,and E to create a natural moisturizing complex.
- Mineral Veil - A translucent powder that can be dusted over foundation to set it in for the day, or can be used alone for a natural shine.
- Kabuki Makeup Brush - Stript has created the perfect vegan mineral makeup brush that ensures flawless mineral makeup application.
Visit Discount Beauty Center to see all of Stript makeup's eye, face, and lip shades.